Friday, March 13, 2015

Snowflake Update!

There haven't been any updates on the quilt because I feel like I haven't made any progress on it. I decided to do really dense straight line quilting in all the negative space (which is most of the quilt) and it is taking a lot of time. I had a lot of tension issues, resulting in lots of discouragement. I think the problem is fixed now, and I hope to finish it by the end of April. Here's a sample of the quilting.

Each block is a different snowflake so I'm doing slightly different quilting in each. I still haven't figured out what I'm doing for the sashing, but the top is slightly bunched there so I think it needs to be dense to help flatten the quilt. I have now finished nine out of 12 blocks, so things are starting to look up!