Friday, December 25, 2009

YAY! for Gingerbread Houses!!!







The December 2009 Daring Bakers’ challenge was brought to you by Anna of Very Small Anna and Y of Lemonpi. They chose to challenge Daring Bakers’ everywhere to bake and assemble a gingerbread house from scratch. They chose recipes from Good Housekeeping and from The Great Scandinavian Baking Book as the challenge recipes.
I cut and baked 6 houses and my sisters and brothers and I put them together using both the caramelized sugar and royal icing methods. The dough shrank and bubbled as it baked which made for difficult assembly.












1 comment:

  1. Hello-

    I was looking at the DB website today and saw this months challenge! Great job! Could I have you send me your recipe for the Reese's Bar that mentioned in your post? Thanks!
    Lori
    theflourgarden@comcast.net
    www.theflourgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete