Monday, April 30, 2012

Door Latch Cover


**UPDATE**
Click here for a picture tutorial.

I've been working on a quilt and ran into a problem (the blocks won't line up right). I needed to take a break from the quilt problems so I picked a new sewing project.


I started with 5x3" pieces of fabric and a 2x4" piece of heavy interfacing. I decided to make casings for the elastic along each of the long edges and cut one piece of elastic (from a cheap headband) to make it easier to loop over the door knobs.




The fabric and interfacing keep the door from latching so it can be opened and closed more quietly. I'm sending it to Elizabeth to put on Evelyn's door.




2 comments:

  1. I cannot thank you enough!! I hate hearing my kids clank the doors closed early in the morning, so I made one for each door tonight!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete