Saturday, April 21, 2012

YAY! for Coconut Ice Cream

Today summer decided to visit, so my plans of Earth-shaped gingerbread cookies for Earth Day died. Instead I made coconut ice cream from a new recipe. It was so good I had to share. She Simmers has a lot of good home-style Thai recipes, and this one is a new favorite. It was really easy and tasted great. Smooth and not too sweet.

2 cans coconut milk (I used lite, but regular would probably give you a more scoop-able ice cream)
2 tsp powdered gelatin
2 T cornstarch
1 cup dry milk
3/4 cup sugar
large pinch salt

Whisk together all ingredients in a pan over medium heat until thickened and smooth. Cool completely before freezing in ice cream maker. Freeze processed ice cream for several hours before serving. It was just the right amount of mix for my Cuisinart ice cream machine, which holds about a quart.

No comments:

Post a Comment